Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's Good to be Humbled Once in a While

Some people who know me, and read this blog, think I need a good dose of Humble Pie every once in a while.  To all of you that think that, I couldn't agree more.  It's good for the soul.  The other day on this very blog I blasted Rotmans Furniture for their lack of communication in a recent delivery debacle.  I just want to give everyone an update of the past few days.

Since my article ran on Thursday Rotmans has called my house about a half dozen times for various reasons and it was all pleasant. They also initiated a dialogue and asked for my feedback of how they can improve things.  The bed did arrive on Thursday afternoon and my daughter was so excited that she immediately began to organize her room the moment the delivery men left.  She loves her new bed.

Now it's easy to say I am changing my tune, or flip flopping, I'm not.  I am still disappointed over what happened.  But as one of comments read on my blog "Cheer up...this will pass".  I want to tell you what else happened with Rotmans yesterday that did not really have to.  

Last night our family was split up because I was coaching, my wife attended her aunt's 60 Birthday party and the kids were with my parents.  This morning as I went out to get my paper I noticed a box on my front doorstep and it was addressed to my daughters.  I brought it in the house and saw that it was from Vermont Teddy Bear Company.  We immediately thought it was my oldest daughter's godmother or my brother's wife, because both of them rock like that (I hope they are reading this).  My wife opens the box and there were two bears in dresses.  I rummaged through the box and found a card that said this.

"We hope you enjoy cuddling with your teddy bears in your new bed! (Special thanks to Mom & Dad for shopping at Rotmans.  We are truly sorry for the delay in delivering your purchase) - Rotmans"

Wow! I am floored.  I felt I immediately needed to write this.  This was way beyond what I expected or even wanted, but my wife and I are grateful.  I look at it this way.  I never told Rotmans my daughters’ names, they must gotten it from my blog site.  They also got bears for BOTH my daughters.  My youngest has no idea what had happened.  There was also a gift card for my wife and I, which we truly appreciate as well.  That is way too much and I am humbled by this act and I want to thank the team at Rotmans for it.

Before I sign off I want to thank these people who deserve it:

The Delivery Manager - I think his name is Ken.  Although we never spoke you worked hard to get things moving

Britney in the delivery department - You took the brunt of my wrath and never got angry with me.  Thank you

John and Marcus who delivered our bed.  Truly the front line

Barbara in Sales - you were very thorough in the other minor issue that popped up.  Thanks for taking care of it.

The gold star goes to Heidi in customer service.  She talked me off the ledge, took my feedback and listened to my issue rather than talk me through it.  You really nailed it.  If you ever need any more feedback don't hesitate to call me back.  Good Luck to your daughter Friday in her district game.  Maybe we will run into each other at a tournament game.

Thanks Rotmans.  This was a learning experience for everyone.

3D
Humbled and grateful, the wife is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment