Sunday, December 21, 2014

Good Ol' Fashioned (Italian) Christmas

Greetings from Caserta, Italy.  This year the baseball widow and I decided to have, as Clark Griswold would say, "Good Old Fashioned Family Christmas", Italian Style.  My goal is to blog as much as I can, if not daily during our stay.  

You will be seeing this Sunday Morning, so the only thing that has happened is the travel to Italy and a reunion with Family members.  I would like to say that everything went off without a hitch, but that just doesn't happen to me during my travels.

I will preface this by saying that the staff at Alitalia is great and have always been good to me.  To be quite honest it was a great trip.  When the baseball orphans first saw the airplane at Logan, they couldn't hold their excitement. Our flight path took us from Boston to Rome to Naples.  Rome seemed to be the problem.  We arrived in Rome and the only way I could describe the airport organization was "a cluster".  The security line had roughly two thousand people, three lines and zero organization.  It was a free for all until you got to the front.  Then the airline changed our gates four times during our layover, which was about two hours.

We finally boarded our connecting flight to Naples and we sat on the tarmac for an hour while they finalized the baggages on the plane.  Then we took the connection and arrived in Naples roughly thirty minutes late.  No big deal.  The big deal was that all but one bag arrived from Rome and it was yours truly.  Didn't they take extra time to square that away??  I have traveled to Italy nine times in my life and five of those times a bag has not arrived on time and once, not at all.  I was prepared because of experience, so it wasn't a completely awful.  Just annoying.

The reunion with the family was great and they almost literally ate up the baseball orphans.  You can image the feast that was waiting for us, twice when we arrived.  This is going to be a great trip and I look forward to sharing this with you.  As of Sunday Morning (Italy time) Rome airport still had my bag.  I think the online auction is Monday, I will keep you posted.

I want to apologize for any spelling errors, my spell check is in Italian.

3D
If you don't take it from me, ask my wife.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment